This year the Gator Chapter will be revamping its academic excellence program and resources in order to cater to STEM majors with various learning styles.
- We understand that study groups are essential and sometimes hard to come by. So we are helping create them for you! Study groups have shown to allow students to view class material from multiple perspectives and facilitate a more productive learning environment. We will be collecting members’ class schedules and grouping them together by course during our first general body meeting. Courses with 2 or more students will be assigned as a group.
- Fast Track Academics: This program mainly targets our underclassmen in order to assist them with their core courses and high school to college transition. This is a semester long program focuses on improving study skills, mentorship, and resource building. Our Academic Excellence chair will be using key portions of the Guarantee 4.0 program to teach important collegiate study skills while having academic coaches hold students accountable for meeting goals they will set for themselves. These coaches will monitor their progress and keep students from falling behind in their classes.
- Metrics: At the beginning of the term students will be asked their schedules and their previous semesters GPA will compare it to the end of the term. Every 2 weeks participants will be surveyed on their progress throughout the program to ensure maximum results.
- Study Skills Sessions and Workshops
- Every 2 weeks we will be hosting study skills sessions. During the first 15 minutes we discuss ways to improve study habits and present resources around campus for tutoring as well as course material. A calendar will also be posted of the larger review sessions held around campus! For all questions regarding academic excellence please contact our Academic Excellence Chair, Craig Fisher.